Ministry of Energy along with ICTA and support from several Sri Lankan tech companies launched the National Fuel Pass system to manage the limited fuel supplies and ease queues in the country.
Minister Kanchana Wijesekara introduced the system to the public on Saturday (16) in a live press briefing and revealed more details.
Here are several important points that you need to know about the National Fuel Pass:
- Website : https://fuelpass.gov.lk/
- Guaranteed weekly quota for all types of private vehicles
- Applicable for All CPC and LIOC fuel stations Islandwide
- Not applicable/ No limitation of fuel for public transport ( Buses / Trains )
- Registration open for next few days. NIC/Passport No. / Business Registration No., Vehicle number & Chassis number mandatory
- Users will be informed once the fuel quota is ready
- 1 NIC/ Passport/ BRN – 1 Vehicle only
- Once fuel quota received, QR code to be produced at Fuel Pump. Either image or printed hard copy.
- System will show utilized / available fuel quota and expiry date
- An SMS will be received to registered mobile number once fuel pumped.
- Week’s fuel quota cannot be carried forward
- Days allocated to pump fuel based on last digit of vehicle number